HOME CONTACT USSITE MAP
Intake Well  at Chaskaman  Resrvoir at Chas gaon, Maharashtra, India
Home
About Us
Our Mission
Our Services
Our Projects
Important Information
Contact Details
Spring in Summer, Near Tamhini Village
  • Groundwater is safe for use, more than 75% of the world population depends on Groundwater for their water requirements. All the same Groundwater can get contaminated and hence proper care needs to be taken.


  • Groundwater is a naturally occurring resource and no one can Guarantee that it can be tapped via borewells only in the North-East Conner as claimed by VASTU. Any shallow well or tank open to sky can be constructed in the NE Conner to comply with VASTU NORMS and get the benefit of exposure to the higher amount of UV rays during sunrise, but groundwater needs to be tapped where it is available and if required can be brought and stored in the NE Conner before being utilized for Domestic or other purpose


  • Earth Resistivity is the best scientific method for Groundwater survey. This is especially true for Basaltic terrain. Electromagnetic methods and Ground penetrating Radar are more useful in fractured Granitic terrains with a thick overburden. Divining or Dowsing though have been claimed to be successfully implemented, but the problem is the authenticity of the person conducting the survey. No one willingly speaks about their failures?


  • Use of computer to interpret groundwater survey data does not ensure success. Manual interpretation in field based on actual ground co-relation is much more reliable than that based on some numerical formula in the Lab. Moreover, all doubts regarding the interpreted results can be clarified before initiating the drilling operation when interpretations are carried out in the field.


  • No Geologist, Engineer or Diviner using any kind of instruments can actually see and therefore assure the availability of groundwater. The risk of drilling a dry well can be reduced by taking appropriate advice from a qualified and experienced Hydro- geologist offering a advice on a turnkey basis. If 95% success is being claimed by the Surveyor, then there is a high probability that you land up in the 5% failure category. Scientifically speaking 95% accuracy is Perfection- and No One is PERFECT


  • Groundwater within the Hardrock Deccan Baslatic terrain does not flow in small veinlets in the subsurface. Similar to streams on surface, groundwater in the subsurface do not cross each other, they can join up and flow as one. Hence drilling on a specific point on surface above such imaginary crossing is no guarantee of a good yield. Slight deviation from the location marked in field is acceptable and does not lead to a failed borewell, especially if there is really a good potential of groundwater in the area. The spot at which drilling is undertaken and the spot marked can be as much as a meter apart.


  • Drilling a deep borewell or drilling with low pressure rigs is not the key to ensure success, but it is advisable to drill at least 10 to 15 meter (30 to 50 ft) below the last Aquifer (water bearing horizon) especially true within the Low yielding Basaltic terrrain. The depth of the Aquifer differs from place to place due to the natural variation within the subsurface. Drilling slightly deeper ensure that the pump can be lowered down at least to the level of the aquifer.


  • It is advisable to Flush the borewell using detergent powder on completion of the drilling work. This helps the fine rock powder that is left behind in settling to the base. This prevents the impellers of the new pump from getting spoilt due to the fine abrasive nature of the rock powder.


  • Groundwater struck while drilling both at shallow or deeper levels are not unlimited source of fresh water supplies. This source may dry up or get affected as time passes, or the yield may get affected due to drilling of other wells in the vicinity.


  • Drilling with High pressure rig does not change the course of flow of groundwater. Due to the higher amount of fine dust produced, low yields are difficult to measure accurately and many a times the borewell is wrongly declared as dry.


  • Rooftop Rainwater harvesting is a way of artificially recharging the groundwater system. It does not guarantee a higher yield, especially true for high yielding borewells, nor does it guarantee a 100% elimination of surface runoff. Rainwater harvesting for recharging the groundwater through well/ borewells when properly executed do help in improving the quality of available groundwater, there may also be an increase in the overall quantity of water that can be derived from the well, atleast during the monsoon and post monsoon periods. It is a social obligation to put back what we remove from the system. .


  • While implementing Rainwater harvesting systems it is advisable to avail of proper advice as it can lead to the groundwater getting contaminated, due to the avenues created for recharging purpose. Once contaminated, it is very difficult and cost intensive to clean up the groundwater systems.


  • A pumping system should be selected based on the application and not on the cost. Cheap systems may not be the best suited. This is also true for the costly systems. Hence a proper selection is essential. A Proper selection of pump is not based on the depth of the borewell or the yield struck while drilling, but it is a combination of the yield, the depth at which it was struck and most important the amount of water that is required on a daily or hourly basis. Ideal pumping system leads to long term savings.


  • A Success or failure of the borewell should not be based on the yield struck while drilling, but its applicability to the use it needs to be put to. (e.g. a borewell with an yield of 1/2 inch while drilling [105 LPH] when properly managed can yield up to 2400 liters per day which is sufficient for a small family, with a small garden patch.)


  • It is advisable to subject the borewell to appropriate disinfection treatment on completion of the pump installation work. In urban areas it is advisable that this process is carried out on a regular basis (at least once in 3 months).


  • Groundwater struck in construction pits during excavation activity cannot be sealed by simple water proofing but needs to be treated properly to reduce the constant hydrostatic pressure being exerted from outside so that the seepage in basements are minimized.


  • It is wrong to connect the discharge of dewatering pumps from basements to the existing storm water drains. This high quantity of extra water had not been taken in to consideration in the initial planning for these storm drains, and will lead to the system failing and will cause water logging on low lying areas, especially during the monsoons.

  • designed by Facilitators